Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pay it Forward...




A movie by the name "Pay it Forward" featured 12-year-old Trevor McKinney who believed in the goodness of human nature . Like many other children, he was determined to change the world for the better, but, unlike most other children, he succeeded. The way it worked: he helped three people, then each of those people helped three more people and before you know it people were helping others from coast to coast. All of this because one person decided to try and make a difference.

Is this really possible? Can people encourage a chain reaction of love to spread across the world? I say yes. I encourage you to do something special for three people. If they ask you why you are doing it say because you care and the only thing you want in return is for them to return the favor to three other people.


God wants us to help each other. God wants Christians to share his love around the world. If we applied this same concept to speaking to others about the Lord and then helping them, imagine how many people could be reached. Help someone today and share the love of Christ by your action... not just your words.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

I need to watch this movie. I've heard about it but have not seen it yet. Oprah had some shows based on this idea too. Good post:)

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie it is a great movie.

Dad

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I think you are doing a wonderful job starting it off!! Last night I helped out a friend by watching her children while she went to pick up her husband at work...It was around midnight and I didn't want her having to take the kids out that late due to one car. It made me feel really good inside!!! I plan on doing much more for people...Thanks for your post!! You really put a smile on my face.

Kariann

Donovan said...

Good job Kariann!

Rebecca said...

Jack, this is exactly what we talked about in church today..doing more for others and not focusing on ourselves so much. I try but know that I defintiely have room for improvement. I'm going to set a goal to do at least 2 nice/helpful things for others every day. I'll let you know how this goes....

Hope you and your family are having a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Rebecca

Donovan said...

Rebecca,

That's a good plan. We all can do better. God bless you.

Jack

Youth Pastors said...

Hey Jack,
Thanks for checking out our blog for the youth! We are so new to all this. Can you tell us how to add music to our blog?
Thanks,
Tony and Sonya

Donovan said...

Tony and Sonya

Thanks for visiting my blog; to answer your question about adding music go to http://www.playlist.com/

It's fairly simple, just follow the directions. You can search for music or get music off someone else's blog.

Have a great day!
Jack