Monday, July 21, 2008

Shoebox...





I spoke with a good friend of mine today on the phone. His name is Ted and he works for the Sarasota County Fire Department in Florida. I worked at this fire department with him for several years. He is a great guy. He is also a good Christian. We use to tease each other about putting our Christianity in a shoebox when we were at the fire station. Actually this kept us on our toes and we became accountable to each other. We spent many hours in the evening talking about life and what it meant to be a Christian. I appreciate his friendship and I miss our talks.

"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:33

8 comments:

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I wanted to come by and say hello!

Your post makes me think about how wonderful it is to have special friends. Some times that is hard to find..... Someone you can count on, and talk about all your fears, thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. I'm very glad that you had someone to do that with! The Lord gives us special people in our life when we need that.

Thanks for being my friend! I know we have not met...but I feel like "you" are someone that I can learn from, talk to, and be an example of someone who lives by God's word...the way God wants us to act.

Have a great day!

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I also wanted to tell you...I thought I read that you were a Fire Fighter? Thank you for choosing such a dangerous job to help people. My father always stated that's another job that never gets any credit it deserves. My Dad was a Police Officer for over 21 years...he was always really close to the Fire Fighters.

Donovan said...

Thanks for the kind words Kari. God bless you and your family!

Jackie said...

I'm glad you go to talk to your friend!

Jackie said...

Wow, I can't type. I'm glad you were able to talk to your friend. That is what I meant to say. I'm a little tired!

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie, he is a great guy and I appreciate his consistant walk with the Lord.

Brooke said...

It is great having friends that can help keep you accountable!

Donovan said...

Very true Brooke, one should never underestimate the value of friends. Really good friends may only come once in a lifetime.