Friday, July 25, 2008

Are you a Christian failure?

Jacob Wrestling with the Angel


Christ died for your sin so you can be free

Read the word

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Romans 7:14-20

Paul struggled with sin as we all do. So often we commit to doing good, praying, reading God's Word and then before you know it we make a mistake, say something we should not have said or any other numerous blunders. If Paul struggled is there hope for us? Sure there is, we must never give up. God knows our heart; he knows if we desire to serve him. If you make a mistake (or sin) ask God to forgive you and then let it go. He forgives and forgets.


Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...
Romans 8:1

God does not condemn us. We are born with a sinful nature and it will be with us until we die. This is not an excuse to sin. If you truly love the Lord you will do your very best to NOT sin. Ask Christ to forgive you, read the Word, pray, pray and then pray some more. You are not a Christian failure as long as you remain in Christ Jesus.

Additional reading...
Jacob wrestles with the angel: Read the Scripture below, what do you think the angel (and God) was trying to teach Jacob?

So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me. The man asked him, "What is your name?" "Jacob," he answered. Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel (Israel means he struggles with God), because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome." Jacob said, "Please tell me your name." But he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there. So Jacob called the place Peniel (Peniel means face of God), saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, and he was limping because of his hip. Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob's hip was touched near the tendon. Genesis 32:24-32

5 comments:

Donovan said...

The short answer is you are NOT a Christian failure. Have you noticed that dogs often bark at cars going down the road but never when they are parked? If you feel you are under attack from satan, it just may be because you are moving forward, doing something for the Lord not parked idle doing nothing. Satan does not have to spend a lot of time with those he already has control of.

Anonymous said...

God Hates Me.

Donovan said...

No he doesn't hate you. He loves you so much he gave his life for you!

aloha said...

JACK...GOOD P.M...it's me again aloha....why is it like this???...do i have to suffer emotionally because i wanted to serve the LORD...I WANTED TO SEEK HIS NAME..AND COMPLETELY BE WITH HIM...without going through a very difficult road in going to HIM....i can't understand...i really am confused...why is it like this...as u said..." If you feel you are under attack from satan, it just may be because you are moving forward, doing something for the Lord not parked idle doing nothing. Satan does not have to spend a lot of time with those he already has control of"...so now i will say i am under attack of satan..yes i am....i am under attack...but even though...i knew this...why is it that i am still feeling straight from my heart to be a friend to this man ...who doesn't believe in GOD JESUS CHRIST...my reason why i can't forget this man..or i can't unfriend this man....is that...
1.YES...he doesn't believe in JESUS CHRIST...but he is a good man..when it comes to doings towards people....like he has good manners and right conduct..he is educated..and professional...he helps people also who are in need...he has a big heart..he is generous...and a kind man...he is very truthful..and faithful..and if he promise to see u that time...he is on time to be there for u..and if can't do..he will notify u that he can't....he is loving..caring..sweet..romantic...but most of all..he doesn't forget u...
2.He has reasons..and he even told me that the greatest gift of life here on earth is "REASON"...BUT FOR ME...i said the greatest gift of life here on earth..is "love"...coz in love evreything is possible...and from the beginning...GOD MADE THE WORLD FROM HIS LOVE....TO US...SO FOR ME LOVE IS THE GREATEST GIFT WE HAVE...so at this time we really can't agree with each other..about this...so we have to move on to the new topic...and not about GOD...he believes in CHARLES DARWIN THEORY OF EVOLUTION....and so opposite with my beliefs....
SO MANY PEOPLE ADVICE ME TO FORGET THIS MAN COZ HE JUST MISLEAD MY FAITH IN GOD....SO EASY TO SAY BUT SO HARD TO DO TO FORGET...SO MANY PEOPLE ALSO TOLD ME FOLLOW UR HEART AND NOT UR MIND...I AM VERY MUCH CONFUSED...SO GOD PLS HELP ME...FOR ME...THIS MAN IS A CHALLENGE OF MY FAITH IN GOD...I LEARNED SO MANY THINGS ABOUT HIM...ABOUT BEING A FREE THINKER.....BUT MY FINAL DECISION IS THAT WHATEVER HAPPENS I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY GOD JESUS CHRIST...i also think that maybe GOD send me to him so that even a little he will know how i believe in my GOD...AND WHAT DID GOD DO TO ME......SO I ALSO SAID TO MYSELF MAYBE GOD DO THIS TO ME WITH PURPOSE...SO WHAT CAN U COMMENT ON THIS JACK ...PLS HELP ME....THANK U...GOD BLESS US ALL...

Donovan said...

Aloha,

I can understand your confusion. I'm not saying your friend is like this but please understand that satan can also be nice and kind to bring you over to his side. Satan is the great deceiver. Being kind in itself will not get you to heaven, you must be washed in the blood of Jesus; forgiven by God's grace. If your friend truely loves and cares for you he will not ask you to change. He must realize how important your relationship to God is. The bible warns us about being unequally yoked. This is talking about Christians and non-Christian relationships. They just don't work. I'll be praying for you.

Jack