Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lazy days of summer...



What exactly are the lazy days of summer? Surely mowing the grass in sweltering heat is not it. Today it was so hot and I was out this morning doing some yard work and then this afternoon doing some more. With the rain we have here I have to mow twice a week. I think about what it would be like to live on a beach and enjoying the tropical breezes coming off the water. But when I lived in Florida I didn't get to enjoy those tropical breezes that much and they didn't seem to ever reach my yard.

So, how do we learn to enjoy our current place in life? The first thing we must realize is life is not supposed to be a fun time 24 hours per day. If you believe this then you will be sorely disappointed. There are times we must work and occasionally times we can play. We must learn to make the best of our life; enjoy a cool breeze before it rains, enjoy a smile from your wife (or husband), enjoy the laugh of a child, enjoy the flowers and trees. Enjoy God's creatures; the dogs, cats, birds and the many others. Ask God to help you enjoy his creation and the blessings he has given you.

6 comments:

Andy Miche said...

I really love your blog!
the music is very pretty...

kisses from argentina

Donovan said...

Thanks Andy! God bless you!

Jackie said...

One of the reasons I love summer is if you just sit outside and look around at everything that God made you realize how amazing it is. It's so beautiful. It really makes you thankful for everything.

Donovan said...

Jackie you are right. We need to be thankful but I think sometimes we get so caught up with life itself, we can't see the forest for the trees.

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

Our preacher was talking about the samething yesterday at church~ to be happy for what we have and to look around and count God's blessings....great post!

Have a great day!

Donovan said...

Thanks Kariann, I think it's interesting how sometimes God speaks to us through different people on similar topics. I think it helps reinforce his message. Thanks for the encouragement.