Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blogs, the dark side...



Today I heard that a friend of my daughter was receiving mean comments on her blog. Receiving comments tells you that you are reaching people. I appreciate those who take the time to comment on my posts. It is encouraging to me and makes me want to continue to try to help people. But, there is absolutely no reason to be mean to people on the internet but many people find some deviate joy in doing just that. I guess since they can do this without their identity being discovered they don't care. Why do people like to hurt others? It's sad really but just confirms that the internet or the world for that matter has a dark side.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I don't understand it either. Some people are just cruel and mean.

Donovan said...

Yes, they are. I guess I just do not understand what enjoyment they find in this. It must be an inherent evil human nature.

Brooke said...

It's very sad... I think people just want the attention even if people can't see who they are. I guess all we can do is pray that they will change.

Donovan said...

You right Brooke, prayer is all we can do.

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I wanted to drop by and say hello to you and your family.

Reading your post about sadness...was wonderful! I enjoyed your thoughts and feelings...thank you for sharing!!

I too do not understand why people have to be so cruel...maybe they are not happy with their own lives...so they want to make it miserable for others. I will say a special prayer for them tonight. I hope no harm was done about the mean post that was sent...that is very cruel!! Talk to you soon!!

Kariann

Donovan said...

Thanks Kariann