Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Excuses...



I'm tired, I don't feel good, I'll do it later... Excuses get us into trouble. I learned a lesson a while back and often I need to take action on that lesson. The lesson: when we let go of ourself and concentrate on others we tend to be happier and less stressed. How can this be? If I'm tired how can doing more revive me? It's an act of unselfishness and it does make you feel better. Try it, it does work.

"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."Benjamin Franklin

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Great post and so true. I LOVE the pictures!

Brooke said...

Nice post :)

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie and Brooke. We all make excuses, I know I do.

mommyz3girlz said...

Jack~

Please remember mom in your prayers. She fell down Melissa's steps Wednesday and broke her left ankle in 3 places and had to have surgery that same night. I brought her home today and she will be staying with me for the next 6-8 weeks. Thanks.

Laura

Donovan said...

Laura,

I will prayer for her. As you know God is very concerned when we suffer. I know God can touch her body as well as lift her spirit.

Jack

mommyz3girlz said...

Thanks. She is very down right now. And I know she is missing dad too. She always does around this time of year since the 15th would be their anniversary.

Laura