Friday, June 20, 2008

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed...




Do you ever wonder why sometimes you wake up in the morning feeling a little on the blue side but you don't know why? Here is a possible explanation: we dream about 2 hours every night. The dreams that we dream may be good or they could be bad. More often than not we wake up and can not remember our dreams. Let's say you have a bad dream and you wake up worried or sad. Now the problem is you can't remember the dream or even if you've dreamed at all. Our mind may hold on to the emotional outcome of a bad dream but not the dream details. So what do you do? Pray that God will give you a restful/ peaceful sleep. With God's help you will wake up more refreshed and with less anxiety.

I pray that God will help you rest. Our bodies go through a healing process when we sleep. When we don't sleep we don't heal properly. We need to learn to ask God for help in all areas of our life; including our precious sleep.

6 comments:

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

This is one of those moments that you think God is trying to tell you something....I have not been able to sleep for a couple of weeks. Well, it is probably due to my daughter being gone for a week~and she is back now~ but I wake up in the middle of the night...just so tired during the day...I can't get enough sleep. Just tonight~ again I have woke up and can't sleep. So, I will start praying to God to ask him for a good nights sleep. Thanks for your post!!! It made me think about what is going on with me...and how I need to overcome it! I pray for some many other things...but not a good rest ((Smile)) Your in our prayers!!

Have a great weekend.

Kariann

Donovan said...

Kariann,

Thanks for leaving your comment. I know that many suffer like you do when it comes to sleeping. Your words are encouraging to them. I pray that God will give you rest. Rest for your mind, body and spirit.

Jack

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

(((smile)))

Jackie said...

Great post:) Ha Ha:)

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie for the heartfelt comment! :) (You must have studied and studied to come up with those words). You are so funny! I love you!!

Jackie said...

Ha Ha:) Love you too.