Thursday, June 12, 2008

Christian Test...




Here's a test for you to see how you're doing as a Christian...

1) I read my Bible often [YES] [NO]

2) I talk to God every day [YES] [NO]


3) I talk to others about the Lord [YES] [NO]


4) I resolve all conflicts as soon as possible [YES] [NO]


5) I ask Jesus to forgive me when I sin [YES] [NO]


6) I don't go to sleep at night angry at anyone [YES] [NO]


7) I try really hard to live a life pleasing to God [YES] [NO]

8) I know God loves me [Yes] [NO]


9) I love God enough to change [YES] [NO]


10) I trust God with everything [YES] [NO]


How did you do? The goal is to answer all the questions [YES]. There are more questions that could be asked but being a Christian means you follow Christ. You have accepted him as your savior. You will make mistakes. You will sin. It's because of what Christ did for us not because of what we do. Trust God in all things. Ask him for wisdom and forgiveness. Ask him to help you be the kind of person that is pleasing to him. Trust him! Trust him! Trust him!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jack, I just happened to run across your blog tonight and love it. What an inspiration!! I love reading blogs where fellow brothers and sisters are sharing the Word with everyone! I am going to add you to my list of "My Favorite Blogs".

Also, I am deeply sorry about Maria. What a tragedy. I can't imagine the pain and suffering that the family is going through. I will be praying for them....that the Lord will put his arms around them and hold them close to him. I will also pray that they are able to find peace and comfort in Him.

Blessings, Rebecca and Zachary
Charlotte, NC (www.lifewithzachary.blogspot.com)

Donovan said...

Thank you Rebecca for your words of encouragement. God bless you!

Jack

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! I think it is a wonerful example of what God's teachings are! I think you are doing a great job with it and wish to read it everyday!! You are a wonderful example of what God wants in this world!! I hope you dont mind me putting your BLOG on ours...I would like my famly and friends to read it...and try to become great friends..Todd and Kariann

P.S. I made a Boo Boo on the last comment...had to do it over again..lol..

Donovan said...

Todd and Kariann, that was very nice. Sometimes when you do something like this (my Blog), you wonder if you are helping or encouraging anyone. I am humbled that you would like to share this blog with your family and friends. God bless you both!

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

You really did make a wonderful impact with your BLOG!! KEEP it up! I will continue to check your BLOG for new wonderful things that you have to say about our Lord. I just found your BLOG and it made me smile!!! I need that when were tired at the end of the day from everday stress. Have a great week!!

Kariann

Donovan said...

I hope you have a great week as well. I pray that God will protect and bless your family! Again, I appreciate your kind words.

Jackie said...

Good post:)

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie!