Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day...




My dad is 79 years old. He is a good father although I wish we were closer. I know he loves me in his way and I'm thankful for his love. My mother died when I was 5 years old and my dad took over the role of mother and father. I have learned a lot from my dad and I am a better person for being his son. Happy Father's Day daddy.

I am the dad of two great children. They are the best and I love them so much and I'm very proud of them. They are both married to wonderful people and they both have beautiful baby girls. Being a grandpa is a new experience for me and I love it.


Being a father and grandfather is a tremendous responsibility. I pray that God will give me wisdom and good health so I can handle this responsibility in a way that is pleasing to him.


Happy Father's Day to my son and son-in-law. I love you both!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers who read these words.

Happy Father's Day to God almighty, Abba Father (daddy, loving father).

9 comments:

Jackie said...

I love this post. Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you.

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

Happy Father's Day Jack!! I wish you a wonderful day! I do agree...from what I have seen in your BLOG, your Dad and God did a wonderful job with you. Talk to you soon.

Todd and Kariann

Donovan said...

Thank you Jackie, I love you too!

Thanks Todd and Kariann, God bless you both!

Brooke said...

Happy Father's Day Jack! You're great!! Love you!

Donovan said...

Thanks Brooke, I love you too!

Donovan said...

Jack,

Happy Fathers Day! You are a wonderful father and a great grandpa. I love you!!

Carla

Donovan said...

Carla,

That was so sweet, I love you too! You are the best wife, mother and granny ever!!!

Jack

Rebecca said...

Jack, I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day! Congrats to you and your wife on being new grandparents. I'm sure you both are thoroughly enjoying it.

Zachary and I are feeling much better. Thanks for the well wishes.

Hope you have a blessed week!

Rebecca

Donovan said...

Thanks Rebecca!