Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jesus washes the feet of the disciples...

Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." "No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me." "Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!" Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." "For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean." John 13:7-11

Foot washing in church? It's not so common today and a big reason is a change in culture. Let us not look at foot washing but at what Jesus was showing his disciples. He was teaching them how to serve and he said one of the disciples was not clean (spiritually). Serving was the topic today in my church. The pastor did a great job with his sermon but I want to look at it from a different perspective and what I believe the Lord showed me today.


Jesus said: "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." (The one who was not clean was Judas). I believe as Christians we should be clean (our spiritual body) as if we have had a bath that cleans the inside. The only thing that should need cleaning each day are the feet that walk through the dirt (evil) of this earth. Jesus will keep you clean from head to toe if you ask him. We should continuously ask Jesus for forgiveness; to wash away whatever we dealt with today and make us totally clean. The world has dirt (evil) everywhere; we need to avoid allowing what we walk on (through) to make our bodies (spiritual) dirty.

Jesus forgive me and help me walk in righteousness.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I love how the blog looks now!

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie, I'm not sure if I like it better than the old layout but it's different and I guess change is good.

Brooke said...

I like the new look!

Donovan said...

Thanks Brooke, I appreciate that! I'll see you tomorrow!