Saturday, March 22, 2008

Twas the night before Easter...




First picture the night before Jesus was to be crucified. Christ knew what he had to do. He knew he had to die so we could have a way to be forgiven. Jesus was God but in the form of man. He felt pain like we do but the pain he endured was more than most of us will ever know. Imagine how you would feel if you knew that tomorrow you would die a horrific death. I'm sure Christ had all of these feelings (again he was a man and felt the anguish of his calling). Imagine how you would feel knowing that you loved the people you were dying for but they hated you.

Now picture this, our Lord Jesus laying dead in a tomb. The next day he would rise from the dead and all of Heaven would rejoice. Jesus did not stay in the tomb. He rose, he conquered death and he is alive today. One day we will see him face to face, the King of Kings, our Lord and savior.

Now picture that...

6 comments:

Brooke said...

The whole story is such a wonderful thing to picture. :)

Donovan said...

Brooke,

Yes it is but I think we will be almost overwhelmed when we finally get to see him face to face.

Jack

Gina (Nana) said...

I feel very loved all the time, but to read that and think about that, what a pure love that is.Its's over whelming now to think about it.It makes me happy but so sad what he went through for me.

Donovan said...

Gina,

I agree, his suffering shows us just how much he cares for and loves us.

Jack

Brooke said...

Jack,
Oh yes, I cannot even fathom how overwhelmed we will all be. How great though, knowing that day will come!

Donovan said...

Brooke,

Indeed! An average life span is 70 years. Most who are blessed with a long life live into their 80's. With that said I have 20-30 years left if I'm healthy. Thinking about that could easily depress a person but since I have a relationship with Christ I have an eternity in Heaven to look forward to.

Jack