Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Reflections...






I met my wife in 1976. During the 1970's and 1980's I traveled singing and playing the guitar. One night in June 1976 I was visiting my wife's church. While singing during this Sunday night service, she caught my eye. I was smitten by her beauty but was able to finish my songs and give my testimony. After the service we talked briefly before I had to load my equipment into my bus. I returned to her church on Wednesday evening to try to talk to her more. We started dating and in December 1976 we got married at her church.

We have been married now for 31 years. I love her now more than ever. We have had some tough times like many couples but our love has survived all this world has thrown at us. As I get older I realize just how blessed I am to be her husband. We now have 2 great children, a wonderful son-in-law and daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters that I love dearly.

My son is in the military and is going to school. He owns his own business and is a good provider for his family. I am so proud of him. His wife is a teacher and is one of the sweetest persons I have ever known. I love her very much.

My daughter is a registered nurse and loves children. She has a very sensitive spirit and it shows in all she does. She loves animals and would take care of all the strays in the world if she could. I am very proud of her. Her husband is a great loving guy. He is a good provider for his family and I'm very happy my daughter married him.

I love my sweet granddaughters and look forward to watching them grow.

I am blessed. I love my family.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Dad,

Thanks. I'm very blessed to have you as a father. I'm so proud of the type of person you are, more than you will ever know. I love telling people who my dad is and hearing them tell me how great you are. I just smile and agree. It never gets old.

I love you.

Jamie

Jackie said...

Dad,
That was a very sweet post! I love you very much and I am proud to have you as a father. I have the best family!

Jackie

Donovan said...

Sgt. Jamie,

Thanks for your love. You have the drive to succeed and you have and... will more and more. I could not ask for a better son. I am humbled by your comment. Thank you.

I love you,
Dad

Donovan said...

Jackie,

I love you too. You are such a great daughter. I know you have had a difficult adult life and my heart ached when you were going through everything. I'm so thankful that God took care of you and has now blessed you with a wonderful husband and a sweet daughter.

I love you,
Dad

Brooke said...

Jack,
That was a very thoughtful reflection. We all love you so much and I continually brag at how wonderful my father-in-law is. You are such a Godly man and I am so thankful Kermie had/has you as his teacher. I see so much of you in him and I know how proud he is of you.
Brooke

Donovan said...

Thanks Brooke that was nice of you to say.

Donovan said...

Jack,

We are very blessed! We have two wonderful children and the most beautiful granddaughters anyone could possibly want. Life is good. I love you and my family soooo much. I am very thankful.

Carla

Gina (Nana) said...

Jack
You are a very blessed man.:)

Donovan said...

Carla,

I love you and believe you are an answer to prayer. You are such a wonderful wife, mother and granny. God has his hand on your life.

Jack



Gina,

Yes, I am blessed; God has been very good to me. It amazes me how much the Lord loves us.

Jack