Saturday, September 6, 2008

A simpler time and a season of innocence...




Today I went to Dayton, Ohio to see "Sesame Street Live" with my granddaughter. I watched my granddaughter as she soaked up the excitement of the show watching Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster and others. She was in awe of everything going on. She started saying "happy, happy" as she was very happy to be there. As I watched her I realized how I have gotten wrapped up in the worries of the world. If I could only return to a mindset of being able to really enjoy life's pleasures.

I remember also a time when my daughter prayed that her injured arm would be healed. She had no doubt that God could and would heal her. I again in my maturity was caught up with doubt and worry about her having to suffer. The next day her arm was completely healed. Her faith in God allowed her to be healed, regardless of her father's doubt.

The Bible says "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it." (Luke 18:17) This is true for all things we ask of God. Just as my daughter had complete faith that God would heal her, we must do the same. We let "stuff" get in the way of our relationship with the Lord. The more we fill our minds with doubt and trash the less we will receive from him (God).

I guess as we age we because more self-sufficient and less dependent on God. Lord help us to return to the place where we rely and trust you as a child. Help us to enjoy your world and the blessings we have.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

This is really good. I thought about the same thing when I watched Ava today.

Brooke said...

This was sweet :)

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

Ohhh how precious!! I'm so thrilled that you had a great time! Little moments like this are worth living for. The memories on both sides will never be forgotten.

Great post!!