Friday, August 29, 2008

Eating Crow...




Last night (midnight) I responded to a very serious accident on I-75 where a pick-up was traveling Southbound in the Northbound lanes. The pick-up was clipped by one semi and hit head on with another semi. I left the scene around 5am, went home for a while and returned to work at noon. When I got to my office several workers who were working on the stations air conditioning system had moved around the furniture and had totally disrupted our work space. I, after having little sleep went off on these workers saying "I wish somebody would tell me before they just start moving our stuff around". They apologized but I could hear murmurings of discontent coming from them. This is not the first time this group has gotten on my nerves. I guess today I just lost it. I left and went to lunch. I had to get away before I said something I would regret. At lunch I had time to cool off and I felt the Lord was telling me to apologize. "I did not do anything wrong Lord, they did!!!" Tough Jack, apologize. When I got back to the office I went up to the supervisor and told him that I was wrong and I was sorry. I ate some crow because feeling I was right in my actions was a reflection of something in me that was not pleasing to the Lord. I felt better after I apologized and feel the Lord spoke to me telling me to do the right thing.

Sometimes in life people do things that are very inconsiderate and mean centered. How we respond to the actions of others shows Christian maturity. Today I failed the test, but God gave me a chance to correct the situation. Lord help us be more like you.

3 comments:

Jo Anne Felty said...

Sometimes we have to eat crow to let our light shine for God.

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

It sounds like you did the right thing...I think it also showed everyone that your are a true Christian~ you do what the Lord thinks is right.

Way to go!!
Have a great day and try to get some rest. I'll pray and ask the Lord to help you rest and settle down...It's going to be okay...((smile))

Brooke said...

I think we have all experienced this and failed the test. The important thing is that you listened to what you were supposed to do! Sorry you have to deal with people like this!