Wednesday, September 17, 2008

ummm, God is great, God is Good....





"God is great, God is good, let us thank him for our food... amen". A simple prayer often taught to children. Now don't get me wrong, children know how to pray with faith, but we are all grown up and are we still praying the same way? God help sister Jones, she is dying, help my children, forgive me for being bad today... amen. Are we really serious with God? Do we wonder why our prayers are not being answered? Maybe, just maybe, our prayers are not coming with a fervency showing we mean business with God almighty. Almost all of the prayers I have prayed, that were answered, were when I was totally focused on my request to a point of desperation. God knows I'm serious and he sees my total dependence on him. It is then that I see God move in my life. God has never failed me. He still answers prayer today but we must seek him in a way that shows what we are praying for, is really important to us.

3 comments:

Donovan said...

I just checking to see if this still works because no one has left a comment. :)

Randy De La O said...

Donovan, I think even when we pray in a state of desperation, God will not always answer in a way that satisfies us. Sometimes it might seem as if he is ignoring us. He isn't. I learned after my grandson Nathan died that I will never fully understand why some prayers are answered ans some seemingly are not. My hope is that there will come a time for me when it will be explained. Until then I depend on my faith to get me through.

Great blog!
Randy

Donovan said...

Thanks Randy, I agree with you. I don't understand why sometimes prayers are not answered either. God bless you!