Friday, August 8, 2008

Old friends...




I have had the good fortune of having many very good friends over the years. Recently I have located some that I had lost touch with for years. It was interesting to hear about what they were doing now and how it caused me to reflect on days gone by. I have lost some friends over the years due to them moving away, myself moving away or by their passing in this life. I know I will see all of my Christian friends one day but my heart aches for those who do not know the Lord. I hope and pray that I will be a good influence on my friends but I know I am human and eventually I will probably let them down. One friend will never let them down. He is waiting to love them unconditionally and has already given his all for them. I know that friend; he is my Lord and savior. He is my best friend. Even though I fail him daily he loves me none the less. His name is Jesus. Jesus loves you. He died for you; won't you live for him?

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

3 comments:

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I just love your pictures you place on your posts!!!

How have you been? I hope the family is well! I wanted to drop by and say hello...off to bed now.. very late.

I'm so glad to read about your friends!! It's such a comfort to find out things about long lost friends. It's true...it will MUCH MORE of a comfort to see them greet us in Heaven!!! I'll see you there ((SMILE))!!

Jackie said...

I'm glad you have found old friends:) Gotta love facebook:)

Donovan said...

Thanks Kari!

Jackie,

It is neat to find and see photo's of people you haven't seen for 20 years. I had many good friends in Florida and I miss them.

Dad