Friday, August 15, 2008

The Tree Lives On...




I had to cut down a large tree that was endangering my house. The tree was one that I had planted about 17 years ago. The tree has been down for several months. Now I have small trees trying to grow off the roots of the cut tree. They are coming up everywhere as far as 30-40 feet away from the stump. They are growing under my wood deck coming up between the boards. It's amazing that this is occurring as it never sprouted new trees prior to its literal fall. This tree is similar to the "family tree". It starts with one then two, then four... Then after you're dead the multiplying continues.

So where am I going with this? Your influence affects generations. If you raise your children in a loving home then they will be more prone to have loving homes. If you raise your children in a Christian home then they are more apt to do the same with their children. The same is true for those raised in broken homes as they are prone to have the same failures. This is not always the case as God can move in your life and change a bad cycle.


Another analogy is the tree had to die before it could give new life. What does this remind you of? If you said Christ, you are correct. God help us to be righteous leaders in the home and thank you Jesus for dying so we could live.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I like this post:) Very creative.

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie! :)

Brooke said...

I like how you made the connection from the tree to Jesus :) Very good!

Donovan said...

Thanks Brooke! :)

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

WOW....what a tree!! Yes, I do agree....I like how you wrapped your story around Jesus! It made my heart feel warm inside. Thanks!

Have a great night!!

Donovan said...

Thanks Kari, God bless you and your family!