Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The worst thing to be without...Hope




To live without hope is to live a sad life. How do you obtain hope? I have been reading the Old Testament of the Bible and it is amazing to me that Israel so often turned it's back on God. They worshiped idols and lived a detestable life of sin, but are they so different than you and I? A somewhat famous quote states "the problem with sin is, "i" am always in the middle of it." We may not worship idols like statues or golden calves, but whatever we put in front of God becomes an idol to us. One way to gain hope is to put God in charge of your life. When we try to run things we tend to mess up anyway. Trusting God to take care of you is tough sometimes. We think God should do things our way. Well, our way is often the wrong way. God is God after all and he truly knows best.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Very well said.

Donovan said...

Thanks Brooke, sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my blog. I want to be an encouragement to people and to get them to think about their life. I want to share my thoughts and hope and pray that it will help someone.

Brooke said...

I enjoy reading your blog. It's kind of like a devotional that gets you thinking about one specific aspect of your walk with God for the day. I am certain it will help others too.

Donovan said...

Thanks Brooke for your encouraging words.