Sunday, September 2, 2007

Jesus Died So We Can Live


God didn't demand that Jesus should die, he gave his son, there was no other way. Why? I don't know, but I do know this, that he loved us so much he was willing to do it for us and Jesus was willing to die, he didn't have to, but he did... Jesus died a horrible death for you and me. He could have called 10,000 angels but he chose not to. For you to be saved, he had to pay the ultimate sacrifice and he did so like a lamb to slaughter. No greater love exists.

The following is from the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) 1986;255:1455-1463, William Edwards, M.D. (Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic), Wesley Gabel, M.Div., and Floyd Hosmer, M.S, AMI: They published the results of their investigation "On the Physical Death of Jesus Christ." "The scourging produced deep stripe-like lacerations and appreciable blood loss and probably set the stage for hypovolemic shock, as evidence by the fact that Jesus was too weakened to carry the crossbar to Golgotha. At the site of the crucifixion His wrists were nailed to the patibulum and, after the patibulum was lifted onto the upright post (stipes), his feet were nailed to the stipes. The major pathophysiological effect of the crucifixion was interference with normal respirations. Accordingly, death resulted primarily from hypovolemic shock and exhaustion asphyxia. Jesus' death was ensured by the thrust of the soldier's spear into His side. Modern medical interpretation of the historical evidence indicates that Jesus was dead when He was taken down from the cross."

2 comments:

MiMiWest said...

Wow Jack!! Thanks so much for sharing your blog with me. It really touched my heart and made me cry. I am very guilty of giving into my attacks from the devil. I have been in a deep dark place myself; but I am starting to see a ray of hope now. I am thankful that you have become my friend and that you pray for me and that you are willing to talk with me. You are a great man and you inspire me to renew my faith. Keep up the great work with the Christian blog; it is great. I look forward to seeing more. Take care and God Bless You. Michele W

Westerfield said...

Great website. You have done a fine job on the blog. It is good to see something else besides the sins of the world on the internet. Thank you for being such a great friend.