Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The 2008 Presidential Election...




McCain/ Palin? Obama/ Biden? Who are you going to vote for (don't tell me)? Life is all about choices and this year a historic election is rapidly approaching. Do you make your decision based on personal values, the state of the economy, the war in Iraq, the life of unborn babies or something else. Do you listen to the rederic of campaign commercials, the content of debates or the history of the candidate and his ability to lead. I am so tired of the negative campaigning and I'm begining to wonder if there is an honest political person left in our country. How can some candidates who disagreed so adamately against the two current contenders now speak of how great of a president they would make. I see through this hypocracy but apparently some do not. This is a very important election. Pray for wisdom and really examine the person you support. Time will tell if the people have made a grave mistake in 2008.

6 comments:

mommyz3girlz said...

TOTALLY AGREE! I HONESTLY DON'T THINK THAT ANY OF THEM WILL DO A VERY GOOD JOB.

Sonny Black said...

Great blog you have here! Yeah, politics is a nasty business for sure. Take care, God bless.

Donovan said...

Laura,

I agree with you, I am concerned no matter who wins.

Wise,

Thanks, I appreciate that and thanks for visiting my blog (and for leaving a comment).

Anonymous said...

At this point I would like to write in someone else. Dennis Leary comes to mind in this circus that has become our presidential election.

Doesn't matter whom takes office, neither will finish in that same post. I predict a Biden/Pelosi or Palin/Pelosi White House by 2010.

That scares me.

Donovan said...

Jennifer,

Good comment, I agree with you!

Jack

Anonymous said...

I have to vote my convictions. I HAVE too. if I don't, I really don't have any, do I? No matter who wins, the poor will still be with us, drug addiction, and abortion will be rampant, the war will still go on, what I mean is nothing major will change till Jesus comes. That's Biblical and a Reality check. Obama won't save us, neither will McCain. As the Apostle Paul wrote(my paraphrased), If this world is all we get, I would be of all men MOST miserable. My hope is later, not now.....
But this does not make me hopeless are depressed, because my delight is in the Lord, who never changes, and is rightous in all ways.