Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Winter Blues or Joy?




Winter can be a beautiful time of the year, but for some it brings sadness. Many people suffer depression during the winter months simply because they are not getting enough sunlight. If you are feeling down then maybe you need a change of scenery. Go outside, the very act of walking outdoors, taking a break from a stressful day or event will lower your blood pressure.

We need to take care of ourselves (I'm guilty of not doing this very well) and stop to smell the roses or in the winter just stop and relax. I have been examining my life recently and I'm trying to de-stress it. I need to remove or correct what causes me anxiety and replace the worry with joy. People so often do things not because they think it's right but because "people" tell them it's right. We all must search our hearts for the truth. You can listen to a preacher but if you never read the Bible yourself then you are living your life based on what a man says and not God. God wants us to communicate with him not third party through another person but direct. Pray for wisdom and direction and God will answer your prayer. He loves you and wants you to be happy.