Thursday, January 17, 2008

Judging Joel...





A person came up to a preacher and said, "I do not like your style of preaching." The preacher said "I guess I do not either. What are you doing for the Lord? How are you witnessing? Are you preaching"? The person said "No." The preacher said "I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing". For those who feel that Joel Osteen's messages are not deep enough read 1 Corinthians 3:1-7. Sometimes people are not ready for anything other than what draws then to the cross in the first place. Joel has a ministry to the people in his city, I will not judge him for doing what he feels he is lead to do. "Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men? What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow." 1 Corinthians 3:1-7

I have been touched by the words of this man and have felt God's anointing on his life. Before you judge Joel or anyone ask for God's grace. God give me wisdom to know when I have sinned, not my brother.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Good post. I think he's a great speaker and his message obviously reaches many people. Times have changed and so must pastors, sermons, ect to meet the needs of people. If people don't like him then they shouldn't watch him.

Brooke said...

Good one. I like your last line in this post. Joel is great! He is my favorite of all people with mullets.

Jamie

Donovan said...

Jackie, Jamie,

I agree! Funny line Jamie concerning the mullet haircut.

Dad

Brooke said...

I agree with Jackie and Jamie. I love Joel and find him very encouraging.
Brooke

Donovan said...

Brooke I do as well, thanks for leaving a comment. I value your opinion.