Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jesus is Lord and I'm not ashamed to say it!




Many of the comments I hear concerning Christianity are very negative about those who follow Christ. Again, we are NOT perfect nor do we claim to be. To judge us based on someone whom you dislike on TV is not only unfair but an insult to the one we believe in and try so hard to follow, Christ himself. We are forgiven only because of the grace of God and the blood that was shed for us by Christ. I try to be Christ-like but I am not; I fail daily. To judge me because I'm human screams that you think you are actually the one who believes they are better. I love Christ and those who have read my posts in the past know that I am what I am, nothing special but very sincere about my faith in God.

Jesus is Lord and I'm not ashamed to say it. The only reason I talk so openly about my faith is because Christians believe they have a responsibility to tell others about the Lord. I am human, I make mistakes, but the difference between me and a non-Christian is that I have been forgiven for my sins. I have hope for tomorrow. If Christians are wrong then they've lost maybe 70 years if they are lucky living not only for today, but also for eternity. If non-Christians are wrong then they have lost out on eternity living only for today. What a risk to take. God is REAL, Jesus is REAL, I know it in my heart, and no one can shake my faith.

No comments: