Saturday, November 24, 2007

Worry


I worry too much; I worry about my family, I worry about my walk with the Lord and I worry that I worry too much. Do you worry? I know I shouldn't fret over stuff but I do. I didn't use to be this way; I was more carefree. God does not want us to worry all the time. I know people do, some more than others. If you are one of those who can't seem to stop the "worry machine" from working overtime then do this: Trust God more. How? By reading the Bible and talking to him and asking him to help you with your concerns. He wants to help you (and me)!

I feel better when I read God's Word. It helps me to know that others have felt like I do and God helped them. He has helped me too. I'm working on disabling my "worry machine." You should as well.

Another way to stop worrying is to help others. When you concentrate on other people you tend to not dwell on your own problems so much. Also, it helps to share with your friends how you feel and listen to them in return. "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. " James 5:16

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way."


5 comments:

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

Glad I can be an inspiration to your blog!

Brooke said...

Jack,
I am probably one of the world's worst worriers! However, I have learned over the past few years that worrying is sinful and does not change the circumstance one bit. Any time I start to feel anxious I immediately get my Bible out and read all the scriptures God has given us about worrying and anxiety. It is amazing how quickly I am brought back to reality and how meaningless those things are. Know that you are not alone and that God wants you to cast all your worries on Him--even thought in my eyes that does not seem fair! He is so amazing :)

Honey said...

Good blog! Oh to go back to childhood with no worries. It seems like the older I get the more there is to worry about. We have to remind ourselves that we can only control our attitude and outlook, not our circumstance. God is the one who can change our circumstance. We just have to trust him. Sometimes when we worry, we actually might need to be learning something from the situation.

Donovan said...

Jackie,

You will always be an inspiration to me.

Dad

Brooke,

You are correct in thinking worry is sinful. When we worry we allow satan to have a foothold in our lives. It's hard to be a good witness for Christ when we are down and defeated. God wants us to trust him. I do not know why this is so hard for us sometimes.

Jack

Honey,

Yes indeed, maintaining a positive attitude is the key to happiness. Our attitude can determine whether we have a good day or a bad day. Thanks for commenting on my blog!!!

Jack