Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lonely...


I sit in a motel room tonight and I feel lonely. I miss my wife. Life can often present times when we feel alone or sad because of our current situation. I had a uncle who felt lonely one day. He found out his wife (my aunt) only had a short time to live. In desperation he decided there was nothing to live for. He committed suicide by jumping off the Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay. I lost my aunt just hours later. Six months after that my mother died. I was five years old. I felt lonely. I missed my mother dearly. I still do. So, here I am thinking about life and family. I know I am never really alone because the Lord is with me always. I can call on him anytime and he will be there to meet my needs. Not my wants, but my needs. I thank God for my family. A family is a gift from God. No one knows how long they will live so we must make every moment we have with the ones we love special. We tend to take our love ones for granted. Love each day as if it is your last.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Dad,
I'm sorry you felt lonely last night! I love you!

Jackie

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie, I love you too!

Brooke said...

Jack,
We love you so much! I am glad you are part of my family. I hope you are feeling better!
Brooke

Donovan said...

Thank you Brooke. I am feeling better, just a little run down from my ordeal at the hospital.

I love you; you are the best daughter-in-law ever!