Sunday, August 19, 2007

Jesus the Healer...


I can't speak for the world but I have seen God's healing. I'm sorry if you choose to doubt Jesus' power to heal. I choose to believe because Jesus, including his power is real! By his stripes we are healed... Jesus is the only healer. Man is used by God to pray for peoples healing, but Jesus is the healer.

Prayer is answered by faith, faith like that of a child.
My daughter was healed of a broken arm so I definitely believe in healing. I have been and also have friends who have been healed. I have seen the miracles of the power of God in my life; I know God is the same today as he was in the past. I cannot explain why everyone who prays is not healed but I do believe that God is all knowing and does, as he knows is best.

I also believe that God answers prayer sometimes conditionally. The Bible says that our prayers are answered because we do things that are pleasing in his sight. Many times people only ask God to help them when they are down and out then they ignore him when life is good.

God cares more about your soul than about your health, think about this the next time you pray. God loves you; he will answer prayer but sometimes if the answer is delayed you should not stop trusting him. God's delays are not denials. The most important thing to remember is God wants a relationship with you, not your theology or corporate/ organized religion.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Jack,
I'm impressed! What a great message in your blog. I had no idea you had one till I was looking at Ava's. It looks great! I can hardly keep up with all the technology these days, glad you can. See you soon!
Blessings,
Karen (Grandma)

Donovan said...

Thanks Karen and Jackie. I enjoy doing this and pray it can be an outreach to someone.

mommyz3girlz said...

This is good. Several years ago I was diagnosed with "chemical imbalance"/depression/anxiety disorder. Took the pills I was prescribed for a while, but felt like I was a total zombie on them so I quit taking them and prayed to God to heal me. Was doing great for years until recently I plummeted (sp?) back into my "dark hole" so to speak because of a lot of stressful situations that have come upon me. I let my guard down and satan attacked so hard that I let him help me "forget" that I was healed in Jesus' name. Satan will try to "steal" your healing if you let him. But you have to stand strong and bind the evil forces of hell and tell satan and all that he brings against you to go back to hell where he comes from. Right now, every day is a struggle to not have one of these attacks, but every day when I feel one coming on I remind myself that I am healed and this will soon pass and this is an attack from hell. Some days are better than others. I do have the support of my husband and my pastor's wife who are helping me through this. Anyone who has been diagnosed by a doctor with this "condition" and the doctor tells you that you will never be right...you don't have to accept that. You don't have to accept that with anything!

Donovan said...

You are so right Laura; God wants to heal us. We tend to let things of this world including satan cloud our thoughts and hinder our prayers. We must come to Christ as a child. When a child lives in a loving home they can go to their parents when they need help. They have no doubt that their parents will help them. We must somehow learn to have that same faith in our Heavenly Father.