Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Need a Vacation...




Tomorrow morning we leave for Florida. Back to the place I grew up, back to the place where my children were born and back to where so many of my good friends live. This year has been a stressful year and it's only May. It seems like every year is in competition with the last to be more stressful. I don't know what's going on but sometimes I feel like my stress level is about to peg-out!
So what do we do about stress? Do we go to our friends? Sure, friends can help but they can also let you down if you put too much faith in them. Remember they are human just like you and they can get stressed just like you. Do we go to our church? Well just like our friends, the human side eventually comes through. Wow you say! This guy is depressing!! So what is a stressed out man/ woman/ young person to do? The bible says: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

We really need to trust the Lord more, rely on Him more and put our faith in things and people less; after all haven't we already tried that? I know I have...

9 comments:

Donovan said...

Thanks Nikki!

Anonymous said...

Very encouraging!

JLTan said...

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

said...

God and Satan are myths.

Donovan said...

Tor, I'm saddened you feel that way but God gave everyone a right to choose to believe. I believe we all will come to know the truth but accepting it is up to us. Have a great day. Peace be with you brother!

Anonymous said...

SEPITEDS GULYINDONOVAN....THANK U FOR POSTING AND SHARING WITH US ABOUT HOW U FELT ABOUT GOD....JESUS CHRIST....I WANT TO KNOW WHO IS UR GOD..IS IT JESUS CHRIST???....I JUST WANT U TO MAKE CLEAR FOR ME...COZ JUST FEW MOS. AGO I KNOW A PERSON WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GOD..JESUS CHRIST...HE BELIEVES IN GOD...BUT I AM CONFUSED COZ HIS GOD HAS NO NAME...HE IS NOT CLEAR BUT I HEARD SOMETHING FROM HIM HE SAID GO IS IN NATURE AND HE PRAYED ALSO TO GOD...I ASK HIM WHAT'S THE NAME OF UR GOD COZ MY GOD IS JESUS CHRIST..HE ANSWERED TO ME...WHO IS JESUS CHRIST???....HE IS LONG BEEN DEAD...AND IF I ASK HIM ABOUT IF THERE IS A CHRISTINA CHURCH IN THERE PLACE ..HE GOT ANGRY TALKING ABOUT IT...AND I ASK HIM ALSO CAN HE CALL HIMSELF AN AGNOSTIC...AS WHAT CHARLES DARWIN SAID HIS MIND IS...BUT HE DIDN'T ANSWER...I AM REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE THIS...NO RESPECT TO SOMEONE'S RELIGION OR BELIEF....THANK U..HOPE U WILL COMMENT ON THIS....

Donovan said...

I will repost a comment I left somewhere else on my blog. I hope this helps. I will be praying for you:

There is one God but in three persons. (Confusing?) There is God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit. All three of them make up God; they are, they were and they forever will be. The best way I can describe it is God the Father was active in the Old Testament. God the Son (Jesus) was active on earth in the New Testament and actually was on the earth for 33 years. Jesus said he would send a comforter (the Holy Spirit) after he ascended to Heaven. God the Spirit is here today. Now with that said when you pray to one, you pray to all but... you must believe in the savior Jesus because "No man comes to the Father except through the Son"

Jack

maigrir cachets said...

mal de crâne ?

Donovan said...

maigrir cachets said... mal de crâne ?

Translation: evil of skull?


Sorry this makes no sense to me...