Saturday, October 17, 2009

My son the Marine, the Sergeant, the Soldier...




My son has just completed his 9 year tour in the military. As a parent although I am very proud of him, I am also relieved that he will be here with us; safe and sound. He served his country very well. He displayed mixed emotions about leaving. I know it's hard to let go of something he has devoted such a large part of his life to. He served and did more than most when it comes to protection of our great county. He served with honor, pride and good moral character.

Thank you my son! You are my hero!!!

4 comments:

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I'm so proud of your son! It's wonderful what he has done for our country!! I want to say thank him...for my family, and especially for my children. You should be proud....you have raised such a wonderful young man that God is not done with yet, I think God will continue to use him to do great things for his family and his country! God Bless you and your family Jack....((hugs))

Donovan said...

Thank you Kari!

Unknown said...

Jack & Carla,

I am so glad to hear that Jamie (Mr./Sgt. Donovan is back home. I keep picturing him when he was shy and small, not imagining the strong person he is now.

As a fellow Vet I give my thanks to him for doing what he has for me, my family and Country.

I hope that his transition back into civilian life is easy.

God Bless you all.

Donovan said...

Dave,

Thank you for the kind words. Also, thanks for your service as well!

Jack