Saturday, October 17, 2009

30th anniversary as a emergency responder...


October 15 marks my 30th anniversary working in some form of emergency services. I have worked as a firefighter, paramedic, EMT, Fire Station Officer, safety director, deputy sheriff, emergency management director and a homeland security director. It's been a long 30 years and I have seen much trauma, delivered babies, searched for lost people, rappelled out of high rise buildings, fought fires (several very large), dealt with major disasters, been spit on, fought with drunks, had saves, saw too much death, dealt with violent crime, involved with crisis debriefings, lost fellow brothers, attended line of duty deaths, seen joy and cried in desperation after the lost of a child...the list goes on! This is a common story that is so real to all those who also serve the public. We will never get rich; we just do what we do to help those who need it.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Hey Jack

Dang I knew you were old but not that old!!!!! Just kidding!! I know the feeling the GRAY is really starting to show on me. Glad to see you back blogging. Have a blessed day. Bryan

Donovan said...

Thanks Bryan!