Friday, March 27, 2009

Frustration...



As I get older I find myself getting frustrated much more easily. I do not like this new trait of mine and wonder if soon I will be chasing children out of my yard and calling everyone under the age of 30 a whippersnapper. I know part of my frustration is caused by my 15 year struggle with migraines. I have a hard time relaxing when I'm in pain so much.

With this post I am reaching out for help. Please pray for me that God will heal me and also please share ways you have learned to take things in stride. I deal with a lot of stressful situations and have been doing so for the almost 30 years of my public safety career. In doing my job I have learned to cope with difficult situations. Those situations are not a problem for me, it's the day to day pressures that are a part of living in an imperfect world that tend to get me irritated.


Thank you...

4 comments:

We're One more Day Closer said...

I struggle with both stress and headaches on a regular basis. My headaches can become migraines if not dealt with in time. I have discovered certain triggers and cues my body gives me that one is coming. When I heed them in time I find that a steady dose of ibuprofen or acetaphetamine taken until the feelings subside will keep the migraine at bay. You can take as much as 600 to 700 mg of ibuprofen at one time if need be for the really bad ones, but you can not take too much acetaphetamine or it will destroy your liver. If I do not heed my bodies warnings, then only time will make the ensuing migraine go away, even prescription medicines will at best only take the edge off.

I have also found a way to mentally deal with stress. I say mentally because it does nothing for my blood pressure and I still have to keep my guard up or I find my self snapping at the ones I love. When I feel stressed, I try to stand back and analyze why I am stressed. If it is something I can control then rather than worry about it, I do something about it. If it is something I can not control then I literally leave it up to God and refuse to worry about it. I am His child and He has promised to filter everything that He has allowed to transpire in my life. Therefore what I face is ordained by Him and serves His greater purpose, and He already knows the outcome… and it is good! (Maybe not always my good, but good none the less).

We're One more Day Closer said...

As a foot note… Paul told Timothy to chill out and drink a glass of wine once in a while. Probably because he struggled with stress as well.

1 Timothy 5:23
Don’t drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often.

And for the ones uptight about a glass or two of wine, earlier in Timothy Paul said: 1 Timothy 4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude.

And don’t forget Jesus’ first miracle… John 2:8-10

Donovan said...

Thanks Jim for your comments!

mommyz3girlz said...

I will add this request to my list. Migraines are no fun!