Saturday, February 28, 2009

My encounter with demons...




Can the dead come back and visit as ghosts? I believe the answer to that question is no. Once you die your spirit does not roam the earth looking for people to scare. So what about those encounters with the spooky images and noises some people refer to as ghosts? I believe there are two types of supernatural beings that are present on the earth. Evil spirits and/or demons and good spirits (not really a spirit) called angels. The Bible says one third of the angels were cast out of heaven with Satan. So those angels are around doing the devil's evil deeds.

When I was around 18 years old I had a scary and unusual experience. I was singing and playing the guitar in a Christian coffee house. The owner of the establishment asked me if I would pray with him for a young man who had come into the house. He said the young man thought he was demon possessed. I had recently seen the movie " the Exorcist" so fear swept over me. I reluctantly said yes. I put down my guitar and the three of us went upstairs to a room used for prayer. After I had been praying for a short time, I opened my eyes and looked at the young man. I could not believe my eyes. I saw two figures above his head laughing and dancing. Above them was what I can only describe as a very evil presence. The two figures started reaching for me. I was scared, shocked and doubted what I had seen; I closed my eyes and continued praying. After we were done praying the young man left and I started to tell the man that was with me what I saw. He stopped me and said he had something to tell me. He said he saw two figures above the young man and before they could reach over and touch me a dove landed on my head, opened his wings and they disappeared. I was beside myself. I explained what I saw and that his story validated mine. I believe the dove represented the Holy Spirit's protection on my life.
I have had some other demonic type experiences but what happened at the coffee house years ago on that particular day tops them all. You may say that you find his very hard to believe and if you do I don't blame you because I doubted it myself. It took someone else seeing what I saw to make a believer out of me.

I believe there are spiritual battles occurring all the time, we just can't see them. I am thankful that God's Holy Spirit protected me that day and continues to do so. We do not need to fear demons or Satan. Demons fear the very name of Jesus. Let Christ fight your battles and you will live a victorious life.

4 comments:

Greg and Laurel said...

Jack, I saw this movie when I was far too young and it has presented fear throughout my life. In fact, it is my biggest fear. You are so right to let Christ fight my battles as long as I can place total faith in Him to protect me from evil. Thanks for talking about this. Laurel

Gina (Nana) said...

Jack
I totally believe your experience. It is something you have to see to believe almost. You know my story as a child,but it was not a scary one.

mommyz3girlz said...

That is kind of a scary thing to have happen to you. I do believe it happened though. I have had a couple experiences with satan's helpers myself. The last one was right after dad passed away and we moved into our new house. My mother in-law loved to watch Montel and he frequently had Sylvia Browne on his show. She supposedly can talk to the dead. My mother in-law told me to come listen to what Sylvia was saying so I went in there to see and she was telling how if you recently lost a loved one and their spirit is still here on earth they will drop shiny new silver coins around your house for you to let you know that they are there. I thought "boy is that stupid!" Well, the next day I was cooking at the stove and all of a sudden a heard something hit the floor behind me. My mouth dropped open...it was a brand new shiny dime! I thought to myself "you're going crazy, that did not just happen." I was alone so I knew no one else did it. Later the same day I was in the bathroom and the same thing happened. For the next few days it kept happening over and over. I was always alone when it happened. It was driving me crazy, so that Sunday I talked to my pastor. The story sounds kind of silly, but after I talked to my pastor he told me to speak to the "spirit" and tell it to leave me alone in a firm voice and when I did, it left and never came back. It was like I could feel it's presence leave the house. Not a scary story, just weird.

Donovan said...

Thanks Laura, that is a scary story (I think it is). I'm glad you received Godly wisdom from your pastor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gina, I heard a little of your experience. You will have to tell me sometime. Thanks!