Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter blues...



There is a disorder (seasonal affective disorder -SAD) that affects people during the winter months. It causes depression and anxiety.

Fall and winter SAD (winter depression) - www.MayoClinic.com

Symptoms of winter-onset seasonal affective disorder include:

  • Depression
  • Hopelessness
  • Anxiety
  • Loss of energy
  • Social withdrawal
  • Oversleeping
  • Loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed
  • Appetite changes, especially a craving for foods high in carbohydrates
  • Weight gain
  • Difficulty concentrating and processing information
This post is to offer encouragement to those who suffer during the winter months. In addition to SAD there are those who suffer because of their circumstances and lack of common necessities (things many of us take for granted); they are the homeless. I am asking you to pray for these people that God will send someone their way that will be able to help them.

Here is a Scripture verse for anyone who needs encouragement:
"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

Donovan said...

The photo of the vehicle covered in ice was taken in Versoix, Switzerland. The water in the background is Le'man Lake.