Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring flowers...




It's spring and the trees are budding and flowers are in bloom. This is a far cry from the winter scene when trees were dormant and flowers were replaced by brown twigs and dead grass. Our lives go through seasons; sometimes we experience a season like winter where everything we touch seems to go dormant. The good thing about winter is spring is coming. When we go through winters in our life we can have hope because spring in near. Spring can be a time when we recharge our lives spiritually. If you've gone dormant and feel like your life is lacking something call out to the Lord for help. As God has created the flowers and blooming trees he can create in you a refreshed mind. Give your "winter" burdens to the Lord and allow him to take care of them. Spring is here.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Great post:) Love the spring flowers.

Brooke said...

Nice post. :)

Gina (Nana) said...

Pretty post Jack! :) I think that I''ll have my dad to read it, he needs that kind of encouragement right now.

Donovan said...

Thanks Jackie, Brooke and Gina. Gina your dad is in my prayers. I too have suffered from depression for a big part of my life. It can be crippling. I know God is concerned with every part of our lives and does not want us to suffer in any way. God can and will help us.

Gina (Nana) said...

Thanks Jack for keeping him in your prayers, he really does need them.

Donovan said...

I lift my brother up in prayer. Lord you know the pain he is feeling now. Lord you said you would never leave or forsake us. I am standing on that promise. I pray for peace and for a healing of the mind. I pray you will give my brother joy. Bless him Lord and give him strength. Help him to understand that you have his future in your hands. You are the potter we are the clay. Mold us Lord into the person you want us to be. Heal his body. Wrap your loving arms around him this day. Thank you Lord. Amen (so be it)