Sunday, November 24, 2013

Prayer Needed


Carla had surgery on her spine to help with the pain from a condition called Arachnoiditis. She is on her 4th day since the surgery. She is still in a lot of pain. She has 27 staples in her back that won't be removed until December 6.

My dad (84) who broke his hip a while back is not doing well at all. He is not eating and has lost a lot of weight. We have fixed his home living room like a hospital room. We have contacted home health. If he stayed where he is he was going to die. We are hoping coming home and eating home cooking will help; it is his only chance. This decision was made after talking to his rehab center's staff, his doctor's office and praying. He is very depressed where he is and wants to come home; today he is...

Please remember Carla and my dad in your prayers. God bless!


6 comments:

Naomi Rose Designs said...

I'm praying.

Donovan said...

Thank you Naomi, much appreciated!

Naomi Rose Designs said...

You are so welcome. How are things?

Sharon Kirk Clifton, Writer and Raconteur said...

Brother, I came to your page seeking permission to pin your beautiful photo of the Kentucky mountains and possibly use it to promote an event coming up in April 2014. I hope you'll grant that permission.

I also read your post for 2013. What a rough year that was for you, your wife, and family. I pray that 2014 is progressing much better. Keep looking up! Our redemption draws nigh!

Because of Christ,
Sharon, the storyteller

Donovan said...

Sharon thank you for your prayers and your post. With reference to the Kentucky photo I try to use public domain photos or those with copyright.The photo is not mine so as far as I am concerned you are welcome to it. God bless and thanks again!

Donovan said...

Sharon thank you for your prayers and your post. With reference to the Kentucky photo I try to use public domain photos or those with copyright.The photo is not mine so as far as I am concerned you are welcome to it. God bless and thanks again!